Bethesda had vorige maand al bekend gemaakt dat Fallout 76 gefixt wordt. Met updates probeert de studio hun meest recente game te verbeteren na aanleiding van feedback.
Een nieuwe patch staat weer klaar voor Fallout 76. Dit keer met een grootte van 5 gigabyte voor Xbox en Playstation 4, op PC is deze 3 gigabyte. Deze patch introduceert veel fixes voor de player’s CAMP en biedt de mogelijkheid om je SPECIAL te respeccen.
Er zijn een flink aantal items veranderd op basis van CAMP. Zo zullen kleine bomen, rotsen en andere obstakels verwijderd worden zodra je begint te bouwen. Ook heeft Bethesda een notificatie systeem opgezet waarbij de speler een alert krijgt als zijn/haar CAMP plek in bezet is. Zo kan de speler besluiten of deze verder wilt gaan in deze server, zo niet dan word je overgeplaatst naar een server waar jouw plek wel vrij is.
Buiten de CAMP verbeteringen geeft deze update je ook de mogelijkheid om je SPECIAL te respeccen zodra je level 51 bereikt hebt. Zo kan de speler ervoor kiezen om op level 51 een nieuwe Perk card te unlocken of een SPECIAL punt ergens anders te plaatsen. Dit geldt vervolgens voor ieder nieuw level dat behaald wordt.
Buiten de in-game verbeteringen heeft Bethesda natuurlijk ook nog de game verbeterd op zijn prestaties. Zo wordt 21:9 resolutie nu ondersteund en zijn er sliders bij gekomen voor Field of View (FOV) en Depth of Field (DoF).
- CAMP Construction Improvements: Small obstructions will now be automatically removed when you place objects on top of them, allowing you to more easily build when and where you want.
- CAMP Placement Improvements: You will now be notified when you log into a world and your current CAMP location is occupied by another player. If you stay in that world, you can place your CAMP back down for free. If you decide not to place your CAMP and join a new world where your space is unoccupied, it will be automatically placed in its original spot.
- SPECIAL Re-speccing: Upon reaching level 51, and every level thereafter, you’ll be able to choose whether you want to unlock a new Perk Card or reallocate one SPECIAL point.
- Push-to-Talk: We’ve implemented a push-to-talk hotkey for Voice Chat on PC so that you can decide when to speak up and when to remain silent.
- New PC Settings: We’ve added Field of View and Depth of Field sliders so that you can further customize your view in-game.
- 21:9 Resolution Support: On PC, you can catch an even wider view from those gorgeous Appalachian vistas, because Fallout 76 now supports monitors that use 21:9 aspect ratios.
- Performance: Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Lighting: Exposure values have been adjusted for exterior environments, allowing them to appear brighter in dark conditions.
- Loot: .308 Ammo dropped by creatures has been reduced. Players will now receive .308 Ammo in stacks of 1 – 5, rather than up to 12 for a single kill.
- Loot: Super Mutants will now drop Gunpowder half as often, and the chance for additional loot has been reduced. Caps are guaranteed loot on Super Mutants until level 16.
- Scorchbeast Queen: Will now land on the ground more often.
- Workshops: Players no longer gain XP when crafting at a public Workshop.
CAMP, Crafting, and Workshops
NEW — Automatically remove obstructions in CAMPs:
- Rocks, small trees, and other small objects no longer prevent players from building items in those locations.
- These obstructions are now automatically removed upon constructing objects and structures in CAMP, such as Foundations.
- Placing an object to remove an obstruction and then removing that object, will cause that obstruction to reappear after some time or upon logging back in.
NEW — CAMP placement improvements:
- A notification will now be displayed to players upon logging into a world if their current CAMP location is occupied by someone else.
- If they to choose remain in that world, they will be able to place their CAMP in a new location for free.
- Alternatively, if the player decides not to place their CAMP in a new location, and instead joins a new world, their CAMP will be automatically placed back in its original location—provided that spot is unoccupied.
Additional CAMP, Crafting, and Workshop updates:
- CAMP: The percentage of a CAMP’s Budget that is being taken up by stored items and Blueprints will now appear in the Budget bar.
- CAMP: While in build mode, players can now toggle the left joystick on controllers, or press “Q” on PC, to switch view between objects that can be built and those that cannot.
- Windmill: The power produced by the Windmill has been increased from 3 to 12.
- Workshops: Players can now purchase Atomic Shop items directly from the Workshop menu.
NEW — SPECIAL Re-speccing:
- Every time a player levels-up after level 50, they can now choose whether to unlock a new Perk Card or transfer one previously allocated SPECIAL point from one category to another.
- This change is not retroactive for characters that have already progressed beyond level 50 but will apply to every level-up they achieve going forward.
- If a player chooses to reallocate a SPECIAL point on leveling-up, they will be unable to select a new Perk Card for that level, and vice-versa.
- Re-speccing details have also been added to the “Perks” section of the in-game Help menu.
- Event Quests: A 15-minute cooldown timer has been added at the end of each Enclave Event Quest.
- Event Quests: XP reward amounts have been reduced for the following Event Quests:
- Fertile Soil, Collision Course, Tea Time, Guided Meditation, Distinguished Guests, Battle Bots, Line in the Sand, Protest March, Grafton Day, Patrol Duty, Jailbreak, Back on the Beat, and Feed the People.
- Additionally, the cooldown timer that begins after starting each of these Events has been increased from 48 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.
NEW — Push-to-Talk Setting (PC):
- A Push-to-Talk setting has been added for Voice Chat, and is set to the Caps Lock key by default.
- The “Toggle Always Run” hotkey, which used to be set on Caps Lock, has been moved to the “/” key by default.
- Both the Caps Lock and “/” hotkeys can be rebound in the Controls Menu.
NEW — Depth of Field Setting (PC):
- A Depth of Field slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
NEW — Field of View Setting (PC):
- A Field of View slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
- The Field of View slider can be adjusted in increments of 5, to a maximum of 120, and a minimum of 70.
- Note: Field of View will be automatically set to 70 while modifying a character’s appearance but can otherwise be set between the values mentioned above.
NEW — 21:9 Resolution Support (PC):
- The game client will now automatically detect and apply the correct display resolution for monitors that use 21:9 resolutions.
- Additionally, various 21:9 resolutions can be selected in the game’s display settings menu.
Additional User Interface Updates:
- AFK Timer: The timer that disconnects players after a period of inactivity in-game has been increased from 10 to 30 minutes, and the warning prompt will now display 3 minutes, rather than 1 minute, prior to being disconnected.
- Atomic Shop: Items that have recently been added to the Atomic Shop now display a “New” icon, and new items will now sort to the front of their associated subsections.
- Atomic Shop: Item subtitles in the Atomic Shop have been moved to the top of item images.
- Compass: Maximums have been implemented for each type of marker that can appear in the compass, and up to 60 markers in total can be visible at once:
- Up to 10 markers each for quests, locations, hostile players, and enemies.
- Up to 8 markers each for neutral players and targeted enemies.
- Up to 4 markers for teammates.
- Players can still use their Pip-Boys to toggle tracking off for individual quests if they’d prefer to reduce them amount of quest markers in the compass, and on-screen.